A joyful middle-grade anthology centered around Passover—from an exciting array of bestselling and award-winning Jewish creators!
Welcome to Passover, a Jewish holiday that has been celebrated for thousands of years. The heart of Passover is the seder—a meal full of rituals, special foods, and songs—where we gather together to retell the story of the Exodus, when the Jewish people achieved freedom from Egypt.
And yet this story is about more than the ancient past. The seder’s themes of freedom, joy, tradition, and more, are timeless and universal, for all.
In this unprecedented collection of short stories, 14 bestselling and award-winning authors each reimagine a different step of the seder for today’s young readers. Through historical and contemporary fiction, verse and prose, fiction and nonfiction, these gifted writers from different Jewish traditions and backgrounds gather around the seder table and invite everyone to join them.
The full list of On All Other Nights contributors includes:
- Chris Baron (The Magical Imperfect)
- Ruth Behar (Lucky Broken Girl)
- Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grimm, The Unicorn Rescue Society)
- Veera Hiranandani (The Night Diary)
- Amy Ignatow (The Popularity Papers, Jedi Academy)
- Sarah Kapit (Get a Grip, Vivy Cohen)
- Joshua S. Levy (The Jake Show)
- Mari Lowe (Aviva vs. the Dybbuk)
- Naomi Milliner (Super Jake & The King of Chaos)
- Soifya Pasternack (Black Bird, Blue Road)
- R. M. Romero (The Dollmaker of Kraków)
- A. J. Sass (Ana on the Edge)
- Laura Shovan (The Last Fifth Grade of Emerson Elementary)
- Laurel Snyder (Orphan Island, Charlie & Mouse)